Wednesday, July 18, 2018

slowly

This morning, over the telephone line, I answered the phone and got connected to a person who walked me home for almost a year. It never stops feeling odd when somebody has grown really close to you, and the next morning you wake up and you don't even recognize them anymore.

The thing about modern-day heartbreak is that very few really can afford to stop over it and really feel its intensity .  Mostly, people find it a waste of time that they should even be wallowing over what sounds so childish as a broken-heart ....and so people move on from point "caring a lot" to point "indifference" real quick

I have been told that we can measure the immensity of love by the amount of time it took to get over it. I cannot say this is generally true. I have seen the worse heartbreaks happening at a later part of life , and the people who dealt with it had to get over it, or at least get by while living with the hurt.  And how about the young loves we took forever to stop wallowing about ? was it really the worse? or were we just too young to really know better ?

I have this uncanny nature of always wanting to stay away from trends, and I like romanticizing my hurts, without dragging anyone into my drama , by the way. If I don't sit with my hurt and go through it over and over again until I am done with all my questions, both the answered and unanswered, I will never fully get over it. And yes, I believe in fully getting over it :)

I am not really a fan of manipulating my circumstances, so I am putting all of these things in His hands. I will, on one hand , take my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Survivor Trauma

When a terrible crisis happens, a fire, or a shooting , a deadly pandemic .... everything is a crazy blur as you try to get to the other end...